Organisational Structure and Design
This short course is designed to assist you in understanding the organisational structures and business functions, as well as the different management levels, skills and roles.
- Explain the core business of a selected organisation or workplace.
- Explain the support functions in a selected organisation or workplace.
- Apply the general management function to a selected organisation.
- Explain the relationship between the type, ownership and size of an organisation and its management structure.
- Explain the role of a selected department or section in an organisation.
- Investigate and explain the role of a selected team and its contribution
- Investigate the different types of work done in an organisation.
- Identify and explain the different management levels within an organisation.
- Describe the functions of junior or line managers.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different management skills needed at the different levels of management.
- Explain the relationship between the various management roles.
What you will learn:
- Business Functions
- Organisational Structures
- Work Units
- Levels of Management
- Management Skills
- Management Roles
- Anyone with a passion to become a junior leader and would like exposure to basic management learning outcomes.
- A passionate junior manager operating within business needing to further develop their basic management knowledge and skills.