Management Functions and Tasks
This short course is designed to introduce you to the management functions and tasks of junior managers.
- Explain the role of management in directing a business operation.
- Describe the management functions involved in running a successful business, including planning, organising, leading and control.
- Identify and explain some of the tasks required of managers, including coordination, decision-making, communicating, motivating, delegating, disciplining, evaluating, as well as building trust and rapport.
- Explain and apply the decision-making process.
- Understand the role of delegation, including the difference between authority and accountability.
- Learn how to handle disciplinary situations, as well as the responsibility of junior managers in interpreting signs, trends and events.
- Understand the task of evaluation and the role of performance management within this task.
What you will learn:
- Management Functions: Planning, Organising, Leading and Control
- Management Tasks: Coordinating, Decision-Making, Communicating, Building Trust and Rapport, Motivating, Delegating, Disciplining and Evaluation
- Anyone with a passion to become a junior leader and would like exposure to basic management learning outcomes.
- A passionate junior manager operating within business needing to further develop their basic management knowledge and skills.